Here are my top ten reasons to love the Red Eye Writers adventure to the 2010 SCWBI Springmingle conference in Hotlanta, in chronological order.
1. Visiting TWO independent bookstores in one day–The Bookshelf in Thomasville, GA and Little Shop of Stories in Atlanta.
2. Meeting Terra McVoy, author of PURE, at the Little Shop of Stories, and getting insider information to her next project.
3. Hearing Scholastic editor Cheryl Klein’s seminar on revision and speaking with her one-on-one in a critique.
4. Seeing all the regional authors succeed in publishing their first books. Kudos!
5. Hearing Agent Josh Adams talk on how he sells books.
6. Sharing a hotel room with Angele and Heather, staying up late to read our works out loud and get 2am feedback, which is the funnest feedback to get.
7. Freshly made, in front of you omelettes at the Marriott hotel–yum!
8. Rocking at the Muse concert Saturday night in Atlanta with Heather–what a show!
9. Meeting Angele’s writer friend Jennifer Groff, also in attendance and widening our literary circle.
10. Reading NIGHTLIGHT, a parody of TWILIGHT, out loud on the car ride home.
Read Full Post »